Academic Achievement Award Winner
Congratulations Colton Von Pertz!
2016 Academic Achievement Awards are now accepting applications.
Objective of the AAF-IE Academic Achievement Awards
The AAF-Inland Empire promotes and encourages academically talented students of advertising related disciplines to apply for the Academic Achievement Award, assisting them in their academic endeavors. Reflective of the competitive world of business, the Academic Achievement Award will be granted on a competitive basis rather than by recommendation.
- Applicants must be attending an Inland Empire university, college, career college, technical college or trade school at the time the application is submitted.
- Students must be majoring or minoring in a field related to Advertising such as: Advertising, Marketing, Commercial/Graphic Arts, Photography, Communication, Public Relations, Printing, Radio/Television/Film, etc.
- Undergraduate applicants must have an overall GPA of 3.0 and a minimum of 3.5 in their field of study.
- Applicants must obtain at least one letter of recommendation (no more than three) from faculty in their field of study.
- Applicants must include an essay describing how advertising can contribute to society in a positive way and their reason for wanting to enter the advertising industry. This information may include life experiences, educational and personal goals, significant accomplishments, and unique personal assets. The essay may also include financial need for the award. Please limit essays to 250-500 words. The essay should be typewritten and double-spaced with one inch margins.
- Applicants may also include one piece of creative work. This can be in the form of a print, television or radio advertisement (scripts/storyboard or a fully produced work), interactive media component such as a website, online banner, email/e-card, micro or mini site, online game, online newsletter, podcast, internet commercial or webisode, graphic design piece such as a logo, or illustration; photography, or sound design project.
- Complete the AAF-Inland Empire Application Form. No other forms will be accepted.
- Obtain a NON-OFFICIAL copy of school transcripts and attach to the application.
- Complete the essays and obtain letter(s) of recommendation
- Submit the one piece of creative work
- Email all materials to the AAF – Inland Empire Academic Achievement Selection Committee email@example.com
Selection will be made on a scoring system of the above listed criteria, how well directions were followed, written communication, and the overall presentation of the material. A personal interview may be required. The Selection Committee reserves the right to decide if an interview is necessary to decide the recipient of the award.
The deadline to submit paperwork for the AAF-Inland Empire Academic Achievement Award is February 01, 2016, by MIDNIGHT. Applications received after that date will not be reviewed.
Notification & Presentation
Winning recipient will be notified. Award will be presented at the Annual AAF Inland Empire ADDY Awards Gala in March 2016. Please direct any questions about the AAF-Inland Empire Academic Achievement Award to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
AAF-IE For Students and Professors
AAF’s college-chapter program has 226 affiliated chapters throughout the United States and abroad. The program includes nearly 8,000 undergraduate student members and more than 350 faculty advisers.
AAF provides numerous programs to guide its college students through advertising curriculum and job placement. AAF’s programs include the following:
- Jobs and Internship opportunities
- Career guides
- Industry mentors
- Networking with top agency and corporate recruiters.
You don’t have to belong to a student chapter to attend an AAF-IE meeting. If you are a student, become a student member of the AAF-IE. The AAF-IE offers fun and educational programs and events that allow you to network with future local employers.
If you are a professor at a trade, junior or four-year college in the Inland Empire and teach marketing, advertising, design and one of the myriad of other disciplines, become a member of the AAF-IE. The AAF-IE offers professors offers fun and educational programs for you to stay abreast of industry trends that provide great cases for classroom study. It also provides an opportunity to meet future guest speakers for your classroom along with fantastic industry connections!
AAF-IE Student Chapters
The AAF-IE has a growing student chapter at The Art Institute – San Bernadino. This group meets as an individual chapter and also attends monthly AAF-IE events.
Learn more about starting an AAF Student Chapter at your local college or university.
If you are interested in starting a student chapter at your college or university contact AAF-IE.
National Student Advertising Competition
AAF’s National Student Advertising Competition is the premier college advertising competition. It provides more than 3,000 college students with real-world experience by requiring a strategic advertising/marketing/media campaign for a corporate sponsor. Schools from each district are selected to present their campaigns to a panel of industry executives at the AAF National Conference. More information is available on the AAF’s Main Site.