2015 Larry Huffman Academic Achievement Award – $1,500
The AAF-Inland Empire promotes and encourages academically talented students of advertising related disciplines to apply for the Academic Achievement Award, assisting them in their academic endeavors. Reflective of the competitive world of business, the Academic Achievement Award will be granted on a competitive basis rather than by recommendation.
- Applicants must be attending an Inland Empire university, college, career college, technical college or trade school at the time the application is submitted.
- Students must be majoring or minoring in a field related to Advertising such as: Advertising, Marketing, Commercial/Graphic Arts, Photography, Communication, Public Relations, Printing, Radio/Television/Film, etc.
- Undergraduate applicants must have an overall GPA of 3.0 and a minimum of 3.5 in their field of study.
- Applicants must obtain at least one letter of recommendation (no more than three) from faculty in their field of study.
- Applicants must include an essay describing how advertising can contribute to society in a positive way and their reason for wanting to enter the advertising industry. This information may include life experiences, educational and personal goals, significant accomplishments, and unique personal assets. The essay may also include financial need for the award. Please limit essays to 250-500 words. The essay should be typewritten and double-spaced with one inch margins.
- Applicants may also include one piece of creative work. This can be in the form of a print, television or radio advertisement (scripts/storyboard or a fully produced work), interactive media component such as a website, online banner, email/e-card, micro or mini site, online game, online newsletter, podcast, internet commercial or webisode, graphic design piece such as a logo, or illustration; photography, or sound design project.
- Complete the AAF-Inland Empire Application Form. No other forms will be accepted.
- Obtain a NON-OFFICIAL copy of school transcripts and attach to the application.
- Complete the essays and obtain letter(s) of recommendation
- Submit the one piece of creative work
- Email all materials to the AAF – Inland Empire Academic Achievement Selection Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org
Selection will be made on a scoring system of the above listed criteria, how well directions were followed, written communication, and the overall presentation of the material. A personal interview may be required. The Selection Committee reserves the right to decide if an interview is necessary to decide the recipient of the award.
The deadline to submit paperwork for the AAF-Inland Empire Academic Achievement Award is January 31, 2015, by MIDNIGHT. Applications received after that date will not be reviewed.
Notification & Presentation
Recipient will be notified. Award will be presented at the Annual AAF Inland Empire ADDY Awards Gala on March 13, 2015. Please direct any questions about the AAF-Inland Empire Academic Achievement Award to: email@example.com.