In just a few weeks, the AAF-Inland Empire is delivering a detailed educational series on Digital Marketing. The series will cover the current top 3 digital marketing strategies: Paid Search, Search Engine Optimization and Mobile Marketing. Here are the titles of each the presentations.
Luncheon Date: September 5, 2013
Several members requested an educational luncheon on the basics of paid search advertising on Google, Yahoo or Bing. In turn we invited a Top 25 Ad Age Search Agency to build a custom presentation for us. At this luncheon, you will learn:
- What is paid search advertising and how does it work > Learn the difference between Google Adwords and search engine optimization.
- Paid search modeling (how to calculate a cost per lead/sale) > You need to know this in order to run a profitable Google Adwords campaign.
- How does quality score impact the cost per click > With paid search advertising, quality score is the major factor in terms of how much a cost per click will cost your campaign.
- What are keyword match types and why does it matter > Learn about exact, phrase, broad modified, broad and negative matching.
- What is a conversion and how to track it?
- How to track inbound calls.
About Our Speaker:
Neil Folgate is the eMarketing Director at WebMetro. Neil has been managing paid search campaigns for nearly 10 years. He is certified by Google in Search Advertising, Display Advertising and Reporting & Analysis. He is also deemed an Accredited Professional by Bing. Neil is also a member of SEMPO – Search Engine Marketing Professional Organization.
Since the beginning of 2013, Google has announced 9-major updates. With search engine optimization we called in the expert, Bruce Clay to provide a midyear report for us. At this luncheon, you will learn:
- What are the key SEO factors of 2013 > Learn about linking penalties, Google+ Local, Local results, Responsive Design for Mobile, Rich Snippets, Page Layout Update and more.
- What are the top SEO trends for 2013 and beyond > Bruce will talk about trust signals, content marketing, social ranking signals, video optimization and mobile-friendly sites.
Each registered person will receive a printed copy of the 20-page SEO Factors & Trends, Midyear Report.
About Our Speaker:
Bruce Clay is the president of the global internet marketing company, Bruce Clay, Inc. Bruce has been delivering search engine optimization services since 1996 and is credited with coining the phrase. Bruce is the author of Search Engine Optimization All-in-One for Dummies, SEO Code of Ethics, the Search Engine Relationship Chart and developer of the SEO training and certification programs. Headquartered in California, Bruce Clay, Inc. has global locations in Switzerland, India, Japan and Brazil.
Luncheon Date: November 7, 2013
According to a June 2013 study, 91% of American adults have a cell phone and a majority of these are smart phones (iPhone, Android, Blackberry). 34% of American adults own a tablet computer and 26% own an e-reader.
As mobile devices become second nature there’s a new audience emerging that has a completely different behavior called “the connected consumers”. As marketers we have to use a combination of both mobile and social tools to reach them, as they are interrelated. At this luncheon, you will learn:
- Who is the Connected Consumer and why is mobile important?
- How Connected Consumers use mobile
- Overview of marketing tools to reach the Connected Consumer (responsive web, mobile ads, SMS, social channels)
- Easy steps to getting started with mobile
About Our Speaker:
Claus Enevoldsen is a Senior Product Marketing Manager at Next Issue Media, the start-up company behind the Next Issue App. The Next Issue App is a joint venture of five leading US publishers, Conde Nast, Hearst, Meredith, News Corp., and Time, Inc. Next Issue brings the world’s most popular magazines to life including Better Homes & Gardens, Car & Driver, Esquire, Fortune, Time, Wired and others. Claus is responsible for product marketing, interacting closely with product and the user experience departments. His reach extends into social media and content marketing.
Whether your business is local, regional or national, all three digital marketing strategies apply.
Why You Should Attend
These educational luncheons are not sales pitches. Each luncheon has been customized designed to provide actionable steps to grow your business. In fact each of the speakers is a specialist in their area of discipline. The detail of what you will learn at each educational luncheon is located on the AAF-Inland Empire.com.
Special Member Event Registration
Last year we began offering printed and bound copies of the presentations with early registration. We received great feedback and we will continue to offer that incentive.
In addition we are “packaging” the Digital Marketing Series to save you money. AAF Members can purchase a seat for the entire series at just $75. This rate includes the following:
- 3-high value educational presentations
- Printed and bound copy of each presentation
- A Spaghetti Factory lunch, beverage and ice cream for dessert
In addition to the above, there is plenty of time to network before and after the luncheon. As we all know this is often the best time to ask that question you really need an answer for.
If you cannot attend the entire series, you can select any luncheon for $35. For this rate, you will also receive the presentation.
The above rates are for AAF members only. The general public pricing is $150 for the series and $60 for a specific luncheon.
If our recent event testimonials below are any indication, this digital marketing series will sell out. If so, you should register now to secure your seats.
Testimonials from our most recent event:
“I was completely blown away by the AAF luncheon on How to Make Google Shopping Work. My team and I learned an incredible amount. Not only was your speaker great, I walked away with a printed presentation for my personal use“.
– A long time AAF member
“Thank you AAF for bringing this topic to the Inland Empire. Typically this kind of material is only available in bigger cities like LA or Orange County. The printed presentation is awesome.”
– New Member to the AAF
“I am getting my MBA and they don’t teach this in my marketing or advertising classes. I love the fact you are presenting real world material and I can apply it right away. Thanks!”
Register Now! – Register Here
Member Price for the Series: $75
General Public Price for the Series: $150
Member Price for Each Luncheon: $35
General Public Price for Each Luncheon: $60
Who Should Attend?
• Marketing Managers
• Agency Account Managers
• Business Development/Sales
• Agencies managing these campaigns for their clients
• General public interested in learning about digital marketing
11:30am > At-Door Registration & Networking
Noon – 1 pm> Luncheon & Presentation
1:00-1:30 pm > Meeting Close and & Networking
The entire digital marketing series will be held at:
The Old Spaghetti Factory
3191 Mission Inn Ave
Riverside, CA 92507
Mizithra Cheese & Browned Butter – A toothsome treat for cheese lovers.
Lasagna- layers of noodles, Marinara Sauce, ground beef and pork, and four kinds of cheese
Spinach & Cheese Ravioli – Tender pillows of pasta stuffed with spinach and two kinds of cheese, and topped with a savory Marinara Sauce
Dessert > Spumoni Ice Cream
Drinks > Soft drink, ice tea, coffee or water