As the 2011-2012 AAF-Inland Empire year comes to a close, it is a requirement of the club charter that the AAF-IE membership vote for the 2012-13 Executive Board.
Please vote by Friday, June 22nd, your ballet will be sent by email on 6/16/12. If you have not received a ballet, please contact email@example.com
In reviewing the past year, I think the club has had some notable accomplishments and is positioned to have renewed growth in the years to come.
- Our 2012 ADDY competition grew with a packed house at the Mission Inn, a notable increase in student submissions and a profit to the club. A big high five to first time ADDY Chair John McCarthy.
- We doubled the outcome of our Art Bash, thanks to Jacob Poore’s hard work; both on canvases submitted (30) and sales for the silent auction ($1,800+).
- We have seen a number of events filled to capacity, including our event this past week with Aya Dasher from Marketwire, where we had to add seating.
- We joined the modern age, tightening up our membership management and event ticketing with RunMyClub. Please check it out if you haven’t already, it has a number of member benefits for you to take part in.
- And most importantly, our club is financially sound, with just under $30,000 in the bank.
After three years on the board, and seeing all that goes on with an all-volunteer group, it is important I thank a few people.
Many thanks to our board this last year, who have spent a lot of time helping the club move forward: Jacob Poore, Julie Wright, Tom Windeknecht, Victoria Seitz, Eddie Gonzales, John McCarthy and John Barry. Also, at the district level where Theresa Mesa Jennings serves as Treasurer and John McCarthy serves as Secretary of D15. And to Mark Landon, who is our club’s guru in all things AAF, running our district ADDY and LA competitions, and serves as the AAF Western Region’s Past-Governor.
I would be remiss not to mention all that the AAF experience has meant to me, giving me the opportunity to meet terrific industry leaders, to work with smart people, to learn from seasoned professionals who have allowed me to grow in my business and as a leader, and to make some life-long friendships. It has truly been an experience worth working for.
In closing, I would encourage you vote for the upcoming executive board, so we can keep our AAF-IE club moment moving forward for years to come.
Jonathan M. Burgess, M.B.A.
President 2011-2012: American Advertising Foundation – Inland Empire